Jan 2018 Dermalogica OfferJanuary 19, 2018
#BeastFromTheEast has come to the UK and plummeted the temperatures to an all time UK low. Everyone knows that cold, harsh winter weather makes winter skin and hair care especially challenging – causing chapped lips, frizzy hair, wind-burnt face, and dry chapped skin. The harsh winter environment which combines strong winds and cold temperatures dehydrates the skin, stripping it of not only the moisture that it’s gained from your moisturiser but also the natural moisture that your skin produces. In order to warm up, you turn to hot showers and baths, which take even more of the essential moisture out of your skin leaving it dry and unprotected.
Counteracting the effects of cold weather doesn’t require a lot but it requires more than merely applying a moisturiser more often; so here are a few ways that you can protect your skin and hair from the harmful effects of winter:
- use lukewarm water to wash, in order to avoid stripping the skin of natural essential oils.
- protect yourself from the weather by wearing hats, gloves and scarves.
- after washing, use a moisturiser immediately to replenish much needed moisture. We suggest either: Decleor’s Intense Nutrition Nourishing Cocoon Cream for skins that need some extra moisture OR Dermalogica’s Skin Dynamic Recovery with spf 30 for skins needing a firming boost OR Demalogica’s new Ultra Calming Weightless Water Gel for the most sensitive skins.
- replenish the lost moisture from hands with a specialist hand cream like Dermalogica’s Hand and Nail Treatment OR Decleor’s Hand Cream which contains white meadow foam oil to regenerate the hydrolipid film.
- exposure to winter elements can make your lips chapped – leaving them unattractive and painful; so it is essential to protect them with a lip balm. Try Decleor’s Intense Nutrition Lip Balm which melts into the lips leaving your lips leaving smooth soft and lump.
- Protect your face by keeping it clean and moisturized, by using cleansers. We suggest either Decleor’s Micellar Oil that removes every last trace of make up including water proof mascara OR Dermalogica’s new Pre Cleanse Balm followed by a skin specific cleanser such as Special Cleansing Gel or Skin Resurfacing Cleanser and wear a daily facial moisturiser that contains a sunscreen.
- Icy cold winds ravage and tangle your hair, making it brittle and dry. Even the indoor heating has a terrible drying effect. The best way to protect your hair during winter is to use a moisturizing conditioner every time you wash your hair; so use a good, thick conditioner to coat your hair, adding and sealing in moisture.
If you are worried at the effect of this cold weather #BeastFromTheEast on your skin and hair – why not pop along to Essentials and our atff will be happy to asse-ss your skin and offer you advice on the best Decleor or Dermlogica products to use to get your face glowing in this harsh winter weather. Call 01480-213730 or email email@example.com